Visit the casle
The castle today
This richly furnished medieval castle, and exceptional family home, gave Toulouse-Lautrec the assets to become one of the 19th-century most famous painters. The artist is still present there through drawings, posters and lithographs.
Former keep built by Bérenger du Bosc in 1180, it became a medieval fortress with moat and drawbridge, pepper-pot towers, arrow-slits and bombards, until the painter's grandmother, Countess Raymond de Toulouse-Lautrec born Gabrielle d'Imbert du Bosc, decided, in the middle of the 19th century, to turn the austere defensive castle into a welcoming family home, while preserving the Renaissance parts of the building.
Even if he died in 1901, the artist is still here through a collection of child's drawings, personal items, posters, lithographs and photographs. This family's castle is also rich in memories, just like the height gauge used to measure all the family members since 1850.
The guided tours tell you about the life of his ancestors, famous military aristocrats (all officers in the King's armies), the painter's memories of his childhood and holidays in Bosc until 1900.
The monument houses splendid Aubusson tapestries from the 17th century, which represent the achievements of Alexander the Great, as well as 18th century Verdure tapestries and stained-glass grisailles by Sauvage, painter at Marie-Antoinette's Court.
The Castle is registered in the Inventory of Historical Monuments.
In 2003, its ornamental garden was listed in the General Inventory of Cultural Heritage : it counts in particular two remarkable tree species from Aveyron that you can discover while strolling in the park.
Average length of guided tours : 1h / Last visit : 1h before closing.
Hiking from the castle – 1h
Facilities & Services
On-site facilities and services
- Car park
- Coach parking
- Picnic area
- Owners nearby
- Adult workshops
- Trekking trail
- Temporary exhibitions
- Free guided tour for groups
- special events rentals
- Guided tours
- Bar / refreshments
Opening hours & Rates
- From 2023-03-15 to 2023-03-31Visites guidées uniquement - départ dernière visite à 17h. - Fermé exceptionnellement le mercredi 29 mars 2023. - Wednesday from 14:00 to 18:00 - Thirsday from 14:00 to 18:00 - Friday from 14:00 to 18:00 - Saturday from 14:00 to 18:00 - Sunday from 14:00 to 18:00 - Bank holidays from 14:00 to 18:00
- From 2023-04-01 to 2023-06-18Visites guidées uniquement - départ dernière visite à 17h - Wednesday from 10:00 to 18:00 - Thirsday from 10:00 to 18:00 - Friday from 10:00 to 18:00 - Saturday from 10:00 to 18:00 - Sunday from 10:00 to 18:00 - Bank holidays from 10:00 to 18:00
- From 2023-06-19 to 2023-09-17Visites guidées uniquement - départ dernière visite à 18h - Tous the jours from 10:00 to 19:00
- From 2023-09-20 to 2023-11-12Visites guidées uniquement - départ dernière visite à 17h - Wednesday from 10:00 to 18:00 - Thirsday from 10:00 to 18:00 - Friday from 10:00 to 18:00 - Saturday from 10:00 to 18:00 - Sunday from 10:00 to 18:00 - Bank holidays from 10:00 to 18:00
- From 2023-11-13 to 2024-03-12From 14 novembre to 14 mars. - Visites uniquement sur rendez-vous à l'avance.
, Cash, Transfer, American Express, , Holiday voucher,
|Adult Guided tour||8 €|
|Children guided tour||5 €|
|Any public groups||4 €|
There are no events scheduled at this castle.
You may consult the planner for all the castles.